Monday, September 17, 2012

A Good Day Gone Wrong


Author's Note: This is a Personal Narrative/DWA Story     

"Ow!" screamed my brother "What, What? Are you okay?" replied Gary running over to where my brother lay in a crumpled ball on the sidewalk. When Gary finally got him up from the ground, I could see him spitting the blood out of his mouth
 *****************************One Hour Earlier************************** 
 "Go play outside with Gary and Zack, the weather is beautiful!"my  mother shouted from the kitchen."What are they doing?" I questioned. "I believe they're in the driveway." came her reply."Okay." I surrendered, while trudging to the door. After finding my brother and Gary playing Frisbee in our driveway, I asked them if I could join in on their game. I wasn't a professional Frisbee thrower, well I couldn't even throw it at all so you can imagine how well that went. Zack was trying to be cool by catching the Frisbee while jumping, or spinning in circles before throwing it. It was rather funny to watch.(But when you're four or five, you can be easily entertained.)  "I bet I could throw the Frisbee farther than you can!" Zack challenged Gary. "Oh really?" taunted Gary. From my spot on the front porch I had a good view of their game. The competition involved seeing who could throw the Frisbee the farthest, and who had the most talent. When the two of them finally decided who was the winner for each category(Zack won the "most talent", while Gary won the "farthest trow") we all sat on the porch for a juice-box break. Frisbee is such an intense sport that even Gary had a juice-box. My brother ran off the porch with the Frisbee begging to play for at least ten more minutes.   "Dinner should be ready in fifteen minutes!" called my mother. "Okay!" we all called back in unison. "And be careful! I'm not taking anyone to the emergency room today!" my mom added, this is what she always said. But something was missing...  "We'll be fine!" shouted Zack.  "It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt." my mother said while closing the door. There, that was what had been missing. We resumed our game after she left. Zack was trying teach me how to throw the Frisbee, but soon decided it would be perfectly fine if I only knew how to catch it. So, the two of us got to work on getting me to catch the Frisbee. But after a number of failed attempts, we rejoined Gary to continue our first game.    "Emily go see if your mom is done making dinner." Gary ordered.  "Okay. I'll be right back." I screamed, running into the house. After delivering the message from Gary, I got the same reply that I always get when asking if dinner is ready.    "Patients! It will be ready when I say it is. Now go outside." Yes, I don't know why I hadn't seen that one coming. I sprinted through the house and out the front door. "She said it will be ready when she says so!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.   "Okay" came Gary's voice. I sat down on the driveway because I didn't want to play Frisbee anymore. Gary threw the Frisbee and it got stuck on a tree branch.  "Darn it! Zack do you want to get it, or do you want me to?" questioned Gary. "I'll get it! I'll get it!" yelled Zack. He was being fancy again, so he ran and jumped of the rock....well sort of. Instead of just walking around the large rock that sat in our yard right where the grass met the sidewalk and our driveway, he tried to spin and jump off of the rock.

***************Back To The Present************ 

"Ow!" screamed my brother. "What, What? Are you okay?" replied Gary running over to where my brother lay in a crumpled ball on the sidewalk. When Gary finally got him up from the ground, I could see him spitting the blood out of his mouth. He was full-on bawling and screaming. It scared me. "Emily go get your mom! Tell her Zack got hurt, and he id=s bleeding!" shouted Gary. Zacks cries were droning through my brain, but I was still able to push through the front door and almost knock down my mom in the process. "Emily what's wrong?" my mother questioned. You could clearly see the worry in her eyes."Zack got hurt! He's bleeding!!!" I whined, while pulling her through the kitchen and out the door. They rushed Zack into the house and had him sit on the futon in his room while my mom grabbed a washcloth and water. I stayed in the living room until my presence was requested by my dad. When did he get home? I asked myself, I couldn't remember so I just pushed it aside. When I walked in, I saw Zack had red eyes and that he was still sniffling  He was holding the washcloth to his mouth, and my mom held a cup in hand."What's in the cup?" I asked"Your brother's tooth." answered my mother   "You lost your tooth? Why aren't you happy? Now the Tooth Fairy will come!" I smiled"It's only part of my tooth." Zack said. I must have looked extremely confused, because my mom held the cup out to me. Sure enough there was half of my brother's tooth I don't remember much else from that day, but I do remember my brother having to eat with only his back teeth for years later.

Fun Fact:If you chip a tooth, put it in a glass of cold, white milk and drive straight to the dentists. If you do this, they can somehow joint your teeth back together. My family learned this a little late.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment